Friday 7 December 2012

Manage your stress levels

Stress can make your PCOS symptoms worse: the stress hormones released make your body pump out more testosterone, which can cause more insulin resistance, weight gain, depression, loss of sex drive, irregular periods and bad skin. In the long term, it can increase your risk of diabetes and heart disease – so managing your stress levels is an important part of getting to grips with your PCOS.

Stress is as much about how you see things as what is actually going on. When you have all the time in the world and get caught up in a traffic jam, you are more likely to stay calm; in that same traffic jam and running late for work, you can feel your blood pressure rocketing. The situation has stayed the same – it’s your perception of it that has altered.

So what can you do about your stress levels? First of all, try to identify the underlying reasons. You might assume your stress all due to your PCOS, when in fact it could be an overly-demanding job or a problematic relationship. If there are practical solutions, such as changing jobs or talking to your partner more, explore these; whereas if the stress is down to something you can’t do anything about or which is likely to resolve itself eventually (like a traffic accident causing that jam), then try to forget it. Breathe deeply and slowly, relax your muscles and calm yourself down by breathing deeply and slowly in and out.

Top Tips

  • Improve your work/life balance and make sure there is always some ‘me time’ in your day – a ten-minute bath with essential oils and a face pack; a lunchtime walk in the park to get you away from the work environment; a power-nap or chat with a friend on the phone when the baby is asleep
  • Get moving – exercise is a very powerful tool for reducing stress levels and boosting ‘feel-good’ endorphins
  • Have some fun – laughter is a great tension diffuser
  • Get enough sleep – being tired can make you more sensitive to stressful situations
  • Improve your diet – cut down on caffeine (its effects actually mimic those of stress), smoking and drinking (the damage they do to your body can make the physical effects of stress worse)
  • Use relaxing complementary therapies – acupuncture, reflexology, aromatherapy, massage, yoga, Alexander technique and meditation
  • If you feel constantly stressed, talk to your doctor

2 comments:


  1. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2348164728160 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use Agbara Herbal Medication and you will not struggle to get pregnant after using this herbal medication..Because Agbara Herbal Cleanser is rich in fibre that help to remove excessive estrogen that may be stored in your body and prevent your uterus to suffer from fibroids, Pcos, Ovarian Cyst. And regulate your period. Always remember that many people are not eating the right foods like beans, legumes, vegetables, fruits, and whole grain in their diet to keep their uterus and ovaries healthy. Because of this, Agbara herbal cleanser is good for anybody mostly women who want to get pregnant and prevent other infection in their body..Just get to Doctor Cure Herbal Home and every infertility and infection in Your Body will be cured completely ( drcureherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete