Friday 7 December 2012

Clomid








How does it work?

Clomid tablets contain the active ingredient clomifene citrate (previously spelt clomiphene in the UK). (NB. Clomifene is also available without a brand name, ie as the generic medicine.)
Clomifene works by causing an increase in the levels of hormones in the female body which control the development and release of an egg. These hormones are released from the pituitary gland in the brain and are known as follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinising hormone (LH). FSH stimulates the ovaries and LH causes the release of an egg from the ovaries (ovulation).
Oestrogen normally causes the brain to stop releasing FSH and LH following ovulation, as part of the normal menstrual cycle. It does this by acting on receptors in a part of the brain called the hypothalamus, which sends messages to the pituitary gland.
Clomifene works by blocking the oestrogen receptors in the hypothalamus. This stops oestrogen from acting on these receptors, and therefore stops the message being sent to the pituitary gland. This results in the release of more FSH and LH from the pituitary gland. The increase in these hormones increases the chances of egg development and ovulation.
Clomifene is used to stimulate ovulation in women whose infertility is due to problems with ovulation.

What is it used for?

Warning!

  • Women should have a pregnancy test to make sure they are not pregnant before each course of clomifene therapy.
  • Women should be evaluated for the presence of ovarian cysts before each course of treatment.
  • Inform your doctor if you experience weight gain, pelvic pain or abdominal pain, discomfort or swelling after taking this medicine.
  • Fertility treatment with this medicine carries an increased risk of multiple pregnancies, eg twins, triplets etc, and pregnancies outside the womb (ectopic pregnancy).Your doctor should discuss this with you before you start treatment.
  • This medicine should not be used for more than 6 cycles of therapy, as prolonged use may increase the risk of ovarian cancer.
  • This medicine may cause blurred vision or other visual symptoms during or shortly after taking the medicine. This may make it hazardous to drive or operate machinery, particularly under conditions of variable lighting. If you get visual symptoms you should tell your doctor. Your treatment will need to be stopped and you should have an eye examination.

Use with caution in

Not to be used in

  • Pregnancy
  • Liver disease
  • History of decreased liver function
  • Certain types of cancer that are dependent on hormones for growth, eg endometrial cancer
  • Abnormal bleeding from the uterus of unknown cause
  • Ovarian cysts
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.

If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.

Pregnancy and Breastfeeding

Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.
  • This medicine should not be used in pregnancy. Women should have a pregnancy test to make sure they are not pregnant before each course of clomifene therapy. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
  • It is not known whether this medicine passes into breast milk. It may suppress the production of milk. Seek medical advice from your doctor.

Side effects

Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
  • Enlargement of the ovaries
  • Pain in the lower abdomen in the middle of the menstrual cycle (mittelschmerz)
  • Over stimulation of the ovaries causing production of many eggs
  • Hot flushes
  • Abdominal discomfort (swelling or bloating)
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Breast discomfort
  • Visual disturbances
  • Headache
  • Spotting of blood between menstrual periods
  • Heavy or painful menstrual periods
  • Endometriosis
  • Dizziness
  • Nervous tension
  • Insomnia
  • Fatigue
  • Skin reactions such as rash and itch
  • Loss of contact with reality (psychosis)
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular accident)
  • Depression
  • Seizures (convulsions)
The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the drug's manufacturer.

For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fanstastic article guys i really like your work

    Aicar , CJC 1295 with DAC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing so has just felt more and more like a lie over the past year Aicar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most time it’s good to share problem. WHO KNOWS?? My names are Aylen Melsin I suffered Adhesion that damaged my uterus and this is really what I think you should understand. I finally was able to conceive a child of my own after 7 years without any issue. This really was the worst thing ever. It was a miracle that indeed shocked me and my husband. Because I was left with no option but to use a Herbal Health Concoction that was prepared from Roots Herbs to help the Immune. I got to find out a solution through online search and I talked to the direct source about my problem. His name is Ahiga and he told me how some necessary few herbs will be useful to women’s health, to cure Fibroid, tubes blockage recovery, So I gave him a chance to do what knows best. He sent the Herbs to me and gave simple instruction on method of use. After few weeks of usage I began to feel dizzy, vomiting, tender breast, a friend of mine told me all these are sings of pregnancy. I went for check up behold I was confirmed pregnant. I'm glad God did this with the Roots Herbs of Ahiga. You can get in-touch with Ahiga via Email (ahigahealing@yahoo.com) really just felt like dropping this, not for all but for those who want to start having children of their own.

    ReplyDelete

  5. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2348164728160 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fibroids are abnormal growths that develop in or on a woman's uterus. Sometimes these tumors become quite large and cause severe abdominal pain and heavy periods, pelvic pain, miscarriages. In other cases, they cause no signs or symptoms at all. The growths are typically benign, or noncancerous.But With Agbara Herbal Medication, This will Be completely cured,,,,Remember surgery does not removed or cured Fibroid, visit Dr Cure Via. .drcureherbalhome@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing testimony on how i conceive and also get cure from my fibroid permanently with his natural herbs , i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Dr Onokun has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Dr Onokun, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Dr Onokun for your own testimony on: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com Or WhatsApp: +2349064844957

    ReplyDelete