Friday 7 December 2012

Fertility Herbs Part 1

 

 

Absent Period & Lack of Menstruation (Amenorrhea)

Has your menstrual cycle gone missing? Perhaps you have irregular menstrual cycles? Are you ovulating regularly? These herbs may help to bring back an absent menstrual cycle, while also aiding the body in regulating hormones, promoting ovulation. Having a regular cycle makes it much easier to try to conceive.
  • Black Cohosh root (formerly known as Cimicifuga racemosa, now Actaea racemosa): May bring on menstrual bleeding. Aids in tone, regular function and shedding of the uterine lining. 

  • Dong Quai root (Angelica sinensis): Increases circulation to the uterus, iron rich for proper blood formation, tones and strengthens the uterus by regulating hormonal control, and improving the timing of the menstrual cycle. 
  • Maca root (Lepidium meyenii): Promotes hormonal balance, nourishing to the endocrine system, which controls hormone function. 
  • Parsley tap root, leaves, seeds (Petroselinum crispum): Has been used as an emmenagogue to bring on menstruation. Rich source of vitamin C.
  • Vitex, Chaste tree berry (Vitex agnus-castus): Aid in regulating hormonal balance, promotes ovulation, improves timing of the menstrual cycle.
  • Shatavari root (Asparagus racemosus): Promotes regular menstrual cycles by aiding in regulation of estrogen levels. 
  • Tribulus aerial parts and fruit (Tribulus terrestris): May normalize ovulation when used prior to ovulation. Increase in serum FSH and estradiol in women. Increase in sex hormone production. 
  • Yarrow aerial parts (Achillea millefolium): Stimulates uterus to bring on menstruation, by increasing muscular activity of the uterus. The stimulation of the muscles of the uterus, aid in the shedding of the endometrium, stimulating regular menstrual cycles in the absence of pregnancy.

Cervical Mucous

In order to support healthy cervical mucous production we must consider herbs that supply essential fatty acids, especially omega-6. Herbs that are demulcent and bitter are supportive of mucous membrane function. We must also be sure to stay hydrated! Herbs that increase circulation to the genitals may also be helpful.
  • Borage seed oil (Borago officinalis): High in omega-6 essential fatty acids. It works to increase cervical mucous and balance hormones.

  • Dandelion leaf and root (Taraxacum officinale): Bitter herb, stimulating to mucous membrane secretion. Nutritive, supports liver health for hormonal balance.
  • Evening Primrose Oil, cold pressed seed (Oenothera biennis): This oil is high in omega-6 essential fatty acids. It works to increase cervical mucous and balance hormones.
  • Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra): Demulcent, promote healthy mucous membrane secretions. Supports hormonal balance through endocrine support.
  • Marshmallow root (Althea officinalis): Demulcent and soothing to mucous membranes, support natural health for proper function of mucous production.
  • Oregon Grape root (Mahonia aquifolium, nervosa): Stimulates mucous membranes to secrete. Supports liver function.
  • Red Clover aerial parts, blossom (Trifolium pratense): Red Clover has been shown to increase cervical mucous, aiding vaginal dryness. Increases circulation to the reproductive organs. 
  • Shatavari root (Asparagus racemosus): This herb is a demulcent. Herbs that have a demulcent action contain mucilage. Mucilage lines the mucous membranes and acts as a protector and tonic for those membranes. Shatavari contains mucilage, this may be helpful for women with low Cervical mucous.
  • Yarrow, aerial parts (Achillea millefolium): Yarrow is an herb of opposites, both astringent, toning for the mucous membranes, yet also moistening for them.

Endometriosis

With endometriosis there is a lot of inflammation and pain. A smart plan to reduce and heal endometriosis would be to reduce inflammation, promote circulation, reduce pain, promote hormonal balance, support proper immune response, work to reduce excess tissue growth with astringent and toning herbs.
  • Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): Supports overall endocrine system function. Supports proper immune response, aids in possible autoimmune fertility issues.
  • Bee Propolis: Bee Propolis is a resinous mixture of tree sap, tree buds, tree leaves and other botanical sources that the bees make to seal small openings in their hives. A study published in Fertility and Sterility (2003;80:S32) showed that 60% of women with endometriosis related infertility who took 500mg of bee propolis twice a day for 9 months became pregnant as opposed to 20% in the placebo group. Endometriosis pain, scar tissue and adhesion formation is thought to be triggered by inflammation response. Bee propolis has been shown to be extremely anti-inflammatory which may reduce endometriosis. Bee propolis may also contain immunomodulating properties. This may be beneficial for autoimmune related fertility issues. Some doctors theorize that endometriosis may be an autoimmune disorder.

  • Burdock root (Arctium lappa): Supports overall liver function for improved hormonal balance. Cleansing for the entire body, especially where congested tissues and organs are present.
  • Castor Oil, oil pressed from bean (Ricinus communis): When Castor Oil is applied as a pack to the abdomen it can be used to enhance circulation and promote healing of the tissues and organs underneath the skin. Castor oil works to dissolve foreign tissue growth, including endometriosis. 
  • Dong Quai root (Angelica sinensis): Dong Quai increases circulation, which helps to bring in fresh healthy blood to remove excess tissue growth, heal tissue damage, limit scar tissue and adhesion formation. Healthy circulation ensures healthy natural cleansing of the body as well. Proper circulation is required to remove toxins, dead tissue, diseased tissue, metabolic waste from our bodies. This is very important for women with endometriosis. Dong Quai stimulates healthy immune response, reduces depression, fatigue and psycho-emotional symptoms associated with endometriosis.
  • Echinacea flower, root, seed (Echinacea purpurea, angustifolia): Is has been suggested that endometriosis is linked to an overreaction of the immune system. This autoimmune issue may be helped during acute flare ups for supporting proper immune function.
  • Feverfew aerial parts (Tanacetum parthenium): Has been used for hundreds of years for painful menstruation, and migraine headaches associated with the menstrual cycle.
  • Ginger root (Zingiber officinale): Anti-inflammatory. Increases circulation, which also helps to reduce inflammation. Supports proper digestion, very important for inflammatory conditions. Reduction in inflammation reduces pain.
  • Goldenseal root (Hydrastis canadensis): Anti-inflammatory. Reduction in inflammation may help to prevent scar tissue and adhesion formation. Reduction in inflammation reduces pain.
  • Horsetail aerial parts (Equisetum arvense): Excellent astringent action for toning, healing of excess foreign tissue growth and bleeding. Promotes proper tissue growth and function.
  • Jamaican Dogwood root (Piscidia erythrina): This herb is extremely antispasmodic and analgesic. It reduces muscular pain associated with foreign tissue growth and bleeding that comes with endometriosis.
  • Maca (Lepidium meyenii): Helps to balance the hormones, but does not contain any hormones itself. It is able to do this by nourishing and balancing the endocrine system. This is essential in preparing for women with endometriosis because healthy hormonal balance contributes to healthy fertility.
  • Nettles aerial parts (Urtica dioica): Supports healthy iron levels, which is important for conditions where internal and/or excessive menstrual bleeding is taking place. Supports proper liver function as well for hormonal balance support.
  • Red Raspberry leaf (Rubus idaeus): Raspberry leaf works to tone the uterine muscles and normalize blood flow during menses. This is one of the best normalizing herbs for the female reproductive organs. Raspberry leaf is astringent, contracting and shrinking internal and external body tissues. May help prevent hemorrhage excessive bleeding. Helps to reduce bleeding of endometrial tissues.
  • Rehmannia root (Rehmannia glutinosa): Effective at reducing inflammation and uterine spasm. It works to curb mid-cycle bleeding, as well as excessive bleeding, two common issues endometriosis patients often deal with.
  • White Peony (Paeonia officinalis): Peony has been found to aid in increasing progesterone levels, lower testosterone and balance estrogen. Overall this herb has excellent hormone balancing support. It also aids in pain reduction and relaxation. Moves the blood in the pelvic area, good for uterine stagnation.
  • Yarrow (Achillea millefolium): It promotes circulation, yet is extremely astringent, stopping excessive blood flow associated with endometriosis. Yarrow is one of the best herbs to stop heavy bleeding due to endometriosis. Yarrow has been used to stop internal bleeding caused by endometriosis. Relieves pelvic congestion. 

Estrogen Balance

In order to promote healthy estrogen balance we must consider how herbal phytoestrogens protect us from harmful xenoestrogens, which come from human-made chemicals. Xenoestrogens may cause estrogen dominance. Because of this we must consider liver supporting herbs for natural detoxification. Endocrine nourishing herbs are also very supportive of healthy estrogen balance.
  • Burdock root (Arctium lappa): Nourishing and cleansing for the liver, aiding in hormonal balance. Helps to remove excess estrogen from the liver for proper estrogen balance in the body.
  • Dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale): Aids in liver health, stimulates digestion for improved hormonal balance.
  • Evening Primrose Oil, cold pressed from the seed (Oenothera biennis): Supports overall hormonal balance through its high content of the omega-6 essential fatty acids (EFA’s), Linoleic Acid (LA) and Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). LA is needed for prostaglandin E and GLA is needed for the synthesis of prostaglandin E. One of the many functions of Prostaglandins is to help control regulation of hormones.

  • Flax seed (Linum usitatissimum): Flax seeds contain lignans, which are the second strongest group of phytoestrogens. Flax is also high in fiber. Studies have shown that these the combination of the lignans and fiber in flax help to remove excess estrogen from the body, while also protecting it from xenoestrogens.
  • Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra): Has the propensity to mimic estrogen (phytoestrogen). Licorice is an adaptogen herb, supporting the endocrine system for overall hormonal support.
  • Maca root (Lepidium meyenii): Aids the body by helping to control estrogen/progesterone balance in the body.
  • Milk Thistle seed (Silybum marianum): Supports hormonal balance. It is one of the best plants for liver health. Liver health is vital for hormonal balance. The liver helps to filter toxins from the body, including excess hormones.
  • Red Clover aerial parts, blossom (Trifolium pratense): Red Clover is a nourishing food herb. It is rich in a variety of vitamins and minerals. It is one of the best blood purifying herbs, aiding in detoxification of environmental pollutants prior to conception. Rich in phytoestrogens, may help protect body from xenohormones.
  • Seaweed, leafy parts, variety of species: High in fiber for improved estrogen metabolism.
  • Sesame seed (Sesamum indicum): Has the highest oil content of any seed, providing a rich source of omega 3 and 6 EFA’s (see the benefits for hormonal balance above, under Evening Primrose Oil). Contains lignans which help promote healthy estrogen balance and overall hormonal balance.
  • Shatavari root (Asparagus racemosus): Shatavari’s main constituents are steroidal-sapponins, suggesting its use as an estrogen regulator, the estrogen modulating in turn may contribute to menstrual cycle regulation.
  • Tribulus, aerial parts and fruit (Tribulus terrestris): Has been shown to increase in serum estradiol in women. May normalize ovulation in infertile women when used prior to ovulation.

6 comments:

  1. Many male fertility issues can be treated - often naturally. Since male fertility screening is initially very easy it's a good idea to get it done.

    Los Angeles Fertility Clinic

    ReplyDelete

  2. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2348164728160 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I Got pregnant

    It all started when me and my Husband quarrelled for almost two and a half years juts because I was not able to give him a child , we were I'm dispute..
    One day I discussed with my friend and she was laughing at me just because the solution was at my door step, I failed to see it on time. She told me about a Fertility Doctor. DR ATEKHA, i thought it was a joke and I told my friend that it was not real. I gave it a try and I communicated with DR ATEKHA on ( DRATEKHA99@GMAIL.COM) and he told me that I will be able to get pregnant only if I believe and trust him, I trusted him and when the medicine arrived , I took it as he instructed and it took only 3 weeks , I slept with my husband again and behold I was pregnant and had a pair of Twins as my first children and now am pregnant with another one.
    What else can I say than to say Thanks to DR ATEKHA, and my friend Tonia Megale for making me have the love of my life back and hearing the cry of children in my house again....
    I know some people out there are having same problems and it is very hard yes, contact DR ATEKHA today on (DRATEKHA99@GMAIL.COM) or WhatsApp number on +2348139747402. and your problems will be over...
    Hurry.
    DRATEKHA99@GMAIL.COM
    +2348139747402.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never believed that their could be any complete cure for fibroid with out going for surgery ,i saw people’s testimony on blog sites and Facebook page of how Dr Onokun prepare herbal cure for different king of disease,and with the help of his herb they where able to shrink there fibroid naturally. i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually . Right now i want to tell you all that i just give birth to a baby boy last month,and on thin now i have not had any pain, and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any fibroid in my system . Glory be to God for leading me to this great Dr onokun I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no herbal cure for fibroid that is Not true ,just contact him and get cure throughhis email: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349064844957

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you having unexplained infertility problems and you’ve done all you could yet no solution to the challenge. I had similar problem, I was afraid to talk about it at first. I read articles about celebrities who has faced similar problem I decided to discuss it with people. Mine was extreme but I got help when I finally decided to tell people about my problem. I was asked to contact Agbara herbal center for herbal treatment to infertility. I contacted them they were ready to assist and offered some herbal medications which I took and eventually was able to conceive. It’s a long story, if you’ve been there ( fertility problem) you’ll understand what I’m talking about. If you need help contact.( dreka14demons@gmail.com ).for assistance on how to cure infertility challenges. It worked for me and I believe this will go a long way in somebody’s life. Best of luck, My husband weak erection was completely cured with This Agbara Herbal Medication, If you are a Man suffering from Erectile Dysfunction, Just Use Agbara Herbal Deep Cleanser and you will be completely cured and become a man

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing testimony on how i conceive and also get cure from my fibroid permanently with his natural herbs , i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Dr Onokun has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Dr Onokun, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Dr Onokun for your own testimony on: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com Or WhatsApp: +2349064844957

    ReplyDelete